JOHN DENVER AND FRIENDS
OVER THE YEARS JOHN HAS COLLABORATED WITH MANY PEOPLE:
- Mack Bailey
- Mack Bailey sings at a lot of the John Denver events.
- Hal Blaine
- Hal Blaine was in John's band for many years.
- Gail Bliss
- Gail Bliss is appearing around the country in the "John Denver
- Denny Brooks
- Denny Brooks was John's background singer and guitarist from 1976
to 1986. He does a tribute to John called "John Denver: A Friend
Remembers" and has sung in "Back Home Again: A John Denver Holiday
Concert" which has toured the U.S.
- Steve Brook
- James Burton
- The legendary guitar player who played in John Denver's band as well
as with many other famous musicians.
- Chad Mitchell
- One of John's first breaks in the music industry was replacing Chad
Mitchell in the Chad Mitchell Trio.
- Phil Christie
- Phil is a native of Canada. Phil has done John Denver Tribute concerts
and sang for some of the tracks on the made-for-tv movie, "Take Me Home:
The John Denver Story."
- Judy Collins
- Judy sings John Denver songs in concert and on her new album "Live At
Wolftrap" she does a medley of "Take Me Home, Country Roads" and "Leaving
On A Jet Plane".
- Jim Connor
- Tom Crum
- Tom Crum co-founded the Winstar
Foundation with his good friend, John Denver. He now has an
organization called "Aiki Works."
- Jim Curry
- Jim appears at the John Denver Memorial events in Aspen, Colorado.
He was the voice of John Denver in the made-for-tv movie, "Take Me Home:
The John Denver Story." On April 17, 2009 he premiered a John Denver
Tribute concert in Kansas City, MO featuring orchestrations that had
lost. It featured the Kansas City Symphony and guest conductor, Lee Holdridge.
Both of he and Lee Holdridge were instrumental in restoring the lost
orchestrations. One memorable outcome was the "John Denver Overture" that
was played that night.
- Bill Danoff and
the Starland Vocal Band
- Bill Danoff and Taffy Nivert co-wrote the song "Take Me Home, Country
Roads" with John Denver. Their Starland Vocal Band hit "Afternoon
Delight" earned them a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Frank DeLaMarre
- Frank has written a Tribute song for John and sings at many of the
John Denver Tribute events around the country.
- Brad Fitch & Kathy Fitch
- Brad Fitch and the Yampa Valley Boys often perform the songs of
- Doug Fitch
- Doug wrote the John Denver Tribute song "Fly". It received major
airplay after John's death.
- Richie Gajate Garcia
- Richie plays percussion at many John Denver events.
- James Galway
- James Galway's "Greatest Hits" album features John's
"Annie's Song" and "Perhaps Love" and one of his albums is named "Annie's
Song." His wife is also named Annie.
- James Garrett
- James does a show in Branson, MO called "A Tribute to John Denver and
Country Music Legends." It is at the IMAX Little Opry Theatre.
- Jan Garrett
- Jan Garrett sang and toured with John Denver.
- Vince Gill
- Vince Gill wrote the songs "Jenny Dreamed of Trains". John sings that
song on ALL ABOARD. Also, you may not have noticed that the last cut is
an ammended version of the song dedicated to John's daughter, Jesse Belle
who also likes trains.
- Bobby Goldsboro wrote the song "The Cowboy and the Lady" which John
sang on his album SOME DAYS ARE DIAMONDS.
- Emmylou Harris
- John sang with Emmylou Harris on the album "Will The Circle Be
Unbroken - Vol. 2", and also on the song "Wild Montana Skies" on the
album "It's About Time."
- Richard Hatch
- Richard Hatch is going to star in a film about the life of John
Denver. The movie will be called "Reaching for Higher Ground".
- Lee Holdridge
- Lee Holdridge conducted and arranged the music for many of John's
albums. He is an emmy award winning compuser who has provided countless
scores for television and movies. His www page is maintained by his son,
- Jim Horn
- Jim Horn was also a former member of John's band. He has a beautiful
JD Tribute album called "Rocky Mountain High: A Tribute to John Denver."
- Pete Huttlinger was a member of John's band. He has an acoustic
cd called "Catch and Release" which was written out of his experiences
with fly fishing. Pete Huttlinger and Chris Nole also have an instrumental
John Denver Tribute album called
in Time". It has received rave reviews and due to its popularity
they have issuing "Colors in Time II".
- Michael Johnson
- Michael and John were in the Mitchell Trio together when it was
known as "Denver, Boise and Johnson"
- Steve Kern
- Steve Kern, also known as Little John, is a John Denver Tribute
artist. He and Peter Salzer also do a "John Denver & George Burns"
Tribute Show that is the only one in the world.
Lennon and Paul McCartney
- Over the years John sang a number of songs written by John Lennon and
- Unofficial Lyle Lovett Web
Site plus Lyle Lovett Links
- John performed with Lyle and Lyle was also there to speak at John's
Memorial Service in Aspen, Colorado
- David Mallett
- David Mallet wrote the
wonderful "Garden Song" that John sang on his album "John Denver".
Roger McGuinn: Byrds Appreciation Society
- Roger McGuinn sang with John when John joined the Chad Mitchell Trio
and it became the Mitchell Trio. Roger later formed the group "The
- Johnny Mercer
- John Denver sang Johnny Mercer's songs "I Remember You" and "On the
Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe".
Jim Henson Muppets Page
- John sang with the Muppets on "John Denver and the Muppets: A
Christmas Together", on numerous specials and also on "Rocky Mountain
- Montana Tunesmith
- Tim and Mike Nordstrom make up the due "Montana Tunesmith" and they
have a song dedicated to John on their nature oriented album "Under
- Michael Martin
- John sang Michael's song "Boy From the Country" on his album "Some
Days Are Diamonds". He also sang on Michael's album, "Swans Against the
Sun." Gary Keck also has set up a MMM Web Page
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- John sang on "Will the Circle Be Unbroken - Vol. 2" with the Nitty
Gritty Dirt Band and a number of other great artists. He sang the song
"And So It Goes."
- Olivia Newton-John
- Olivia Newton-John sang with John and
appeared with him on many of his tv specials. We especially remember her
voice in the beautiful song...."Fly Away."
- Chris Nole is a former John Denver band member who is now playing
with Travis Tritt. He has 2 instrumental albums out that are a
collaboration with Pete Huttlinger called "Colors in Time" and "Colors
in Time II." He also has his own album called "3 Seasons".
- Kris was John's friend and producer.
- Roy Orbison
- John sang the song "Claudette" on his album DREAMLAND EXPRESS.
It was written by Roy Orbison.
- Paul Overstreet
- John sang the Paul Overstreet song "And So It Goes" on the album
"Will the Circle Be Unbroken, Vol. 2".
- Herb Pedersen
- Herb played on many John Denver albums.
- Peter, Paul and Mary
- Peter, Paul and Mary launched John's career by singing his song
"Leaving On A Jet Plane", making it a hit and making him known as
the writer of the song.
- Ron Rich
- Ron Rich does a John Denver Tribute show called "Rocky Mountain
- Jim Salestrom
- Jim can be seen at many of the JD Tribute Events. He worked
for John in 1972 at the
Red Rocks and also sang on the album "Different Directions"
- Ricky Skaggs
- John sang with Ricky on the album "Will the Circle Be Unbroken, Vol.
2". Also, check out the Ricky Skaggs song "Country Boy." It's a great
song in the tradition of "Thank God, I'm A Country Boy."
You'll love it.
- John St Augustine -
POWERTALK Radio - "From Power Walk to Power Talk"
- John often has John Denver related guests on his programs: Hal Thau,
Wayne Dyer, Barbara DeAngelis, Tom Crum, Bill Kurtis and Rolland Smith to
name a few.
- John Sommers
- John Sommers played in John's band and wrote "Thank God, I'm A
- Ellen Stapenhorst
- Ellen Stapenhorst sings at the John Denver Tribute events in Aspen,
- Sunny Waters
- Sunny sings John's songs as well as his own and has an album out
called "This Is Me". He is a great songwriter as well as a singer. One of
my favorites is his song "I Am" which is on his first album mentioned
- Mollie Weaver
- Mollie Weaver often sings at John Denver Tribute events.
- Jimmy Webb wrote the song "Postcard From Paris" that John
- Chris Westfall
- Danny Wheetman
- Danny was a member of John's band and is now in the group Marley's
Ghost. He is touring the country in "Back Home Again: A John Denver
Holiday Concert" which is a tribute to John Denver and done in the style
of the John Denver television specials.
- Charlie Zahm
- Charlie Zahm appears at many John Denver functions all over the
If you have information on other JD "friend" sites that should be
included here, let me know. Write to
Return to the Rocky Mountain
High WWW Page